I promise you that everyone who tries these muffins absolutely loves them. The spelt flour gives them a light texture and they have the perfect mix of banana and chocolate. We have also used this recipe to make plain banana muffins and they turn out great. An adaptable recipe that takes no time at all to whip up, I have often made these on a busy school morning, not recommended, but possible! 😉
3 large ripe bananas mashed
1/4 cup of coconut sugar or brown rice malt syrup
1 large egg
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups white spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips/dark chocolate roughly chopped
- Mix the mashed banana with the sugar, egg and melted coconut oil. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the spelt flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the mashed banana mixture with the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Fold in the chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tray and bake at 180 degrees celsius for approximately 20 minutes. Bake until lightly browned on top and spongy to the touch. Enjoy!