I love how easy these muffins are to make, we have been making these for the school lunchboxes and served warm (delicious!) when the girls have friends over. Made with coconut flour these muffins are grain-free, nut-free, super healthy and suit everyone’s dietary needs. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 mashed bananas
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp brown rice malt syrup or honey
1/2 cup of chocolate chips or roughly chopped dark chocolate
- In a medium bowl whisk the coconut flour with the baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mix the mashed bananas with the eggs, vanilla and sweetener.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or dark chocolate.
- Bake in a moderate oven for approx 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- This recipe makes 9 muffins. For a larger quantity add an extra 1/4 cup of coconut flour, 1 extra egg and 1 extra banana. This will make 12 muffins.