These muffins have a lovely zing to them thanks to the lemon and they pack a nutritional punch thanks to the chia seeds. They make a great holiday muffin—pack them for picnics, playdates or just have some ready in the freezer to grab and go when you need a quick morning or afternoon snack, they defrost quickly.
2 tbsps melted coconut oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsps honey
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup of organic applesauce (I use babyfood!)
1/4 cup chia seeds
juice of 1 lemon
grated lemon rind of 1 or 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease or line a muffin tray.
- Combine eggs, oil, vanilla, honey, apple sauce and apple cider vinegar.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder and baking soda, grated lemon rind and chia seeds.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in lemon juice
- Bake for approx 20 minutes until golden on top and firm to the touch