What we do every day greatly impacts our health. However we are often so busy being busy that, even with the best of intentions, our good habits can slip. If we truly want to increase our energy, vitality and get our green-juice glow on, we need to be practicing positive habits daily. This doesn’t need to be difficult, below are three simple yet powerful habits that you can start practicing today to increase your energy and create a postive, healthy mindset.
Set a daily intention
Choose the same time each morning to set your intention for the day. This could be as soon as you wake up, after your shower, or even over a quiet cup of tea or coffee. Take a few mindful breaths, close your eyes if that helps and think about how you want to think and feel today.
Some ideas are:
- it is my intention to respect and appreciate my body today
- it is my intention to actively create a positive and healthy mindset
- it is my intention to practice being present in each moment and to amplify the joy
- it is my intention to feel organised and productive today
By setting intentions, you are setting yourself up for success. And as the saying goes, “energy flows where intention goes”.
Hydrate with nutrient dense drinks
Commit to hydrating your body every day with a nutrient dense smoothie or vegetable juice, along with detox water drinks. When you do this, you are flooding your cells with vitamins and minerals that work to flush out toxins and deeply hydrate your body. You will find yourself feeling more alert, energetic and positive.
- Each evening prepare a detox water to sip on throughout the next day. These are flavoured waters that help to flush out toxins. For example, to a large jug of water add one sliced lemon and a few slices of fresh ginger and cucumber. Let this steep overnight in the fridge or at room temperature. Come up with your own creations and you will soon be addicted to these flavoured waters!
- Have a smoothie or vegetable juice once a day and make this habit non-negotiable. To supercharge your juice or smoothie add a teaspoon of liquid chlorophyll, this works particularly well in green juices. Smoothies and juices are a great way to beat that afternoon slump and feel more alert and energised.
- Click here for more vegetable juice recipes and here for a free smoothie ebook
Spend 20 minutes a day outside, taking deep breaths of fresh air
There is certainly nothing new or radical about this idea. However getting out into nature and taking deep mindful breaths of fresh air oxygenates the body, calms the mind, and as you move and exercise, releases those happy endorphins. My personal favourite is a walk on the beach while mindfully inhaling the salty fresh air. For others it could be a run through the forest, horseriding, kayaking, playing with the kids in a park. There are so many fun ways to get out into nature. Make it a habit and don’t forget to take those mindful deep breaths while you are outside.
Feeling more energetic and positive can be as simple as practicing new and powerful daily habits.