I have always found grain-free pancakes to be a bit of a challenge, but this recipe really works and it only has a few ingredients. They make a great breakfast for the kids and you can send the leftovers to school in the lunchbox, on their own or joined together with a little raw honey or jam. Top with maple syrup or berries with your favourite yoghurt.
Recipe from Kate at Keeping it Real
3 large bananas
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
coconut oil or butter for frying
- Mash the bananas well on a plate or small bowl.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and add the mashed bananas.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a large frypan to an even low to medium heat.
- Dollop spoonfuls of mixture into the pan and use the back of the spoon to gently press it into a round pancake shape.
- Fry until browned on each side and cooked through. I found the key is to use a medium to low heat, otherwise the banana can burn easily.
- Serve warm, any leftovers keep well in the fridge and make a nice snack.