These spelt pikelets make a perfect weekend treat. They are sweetened with only 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar and are full of healthy fats from the coconut milk. Serve them with a little maple syrup along with some butter, ghee, coconut milk yoghurt or chia seed jam. By serving them with a healthy fat you will fill up easily and help to balance out blood sugar levels.
1/2 cup whole spelt flour
1/2 cup white spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsps coconut sugar
3/4 cup coconut milk (I use Aroy´d)
- In a bowl mix together the whole and white spelt flour with the baking powder.
- In a separate small bowl, use a fork to whisk together the egg and coconut sugar.
- Add the coconut milk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir well without over mixing.
- Heat a pan to a nice even, moderate heat. Cook the pikelets in batches in a little coconut oil, flipping when bubbles appear on the surface.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings.