This is such an awesome little slice, it really takes no time to prepare and makes a great snack or lunchbox filler for the kids. It is full of healthy fats from the coconut oil and coconut butter and you can play around with the recipe and get creative, using your choice of nuts/seeds and dried fruit. Let me know what combinations you come up with!
6 tbsps of melted virgin coconut oil
3 tbsps of melted coconut butter
3 tbsps of raw cacao powder
2 tbsps of maple syrup
1 cup of quinoa puffs
1/3 cup of diced dried apricots
1/3 cup of roughly chopped cashews/your choice of nuts/almond flour
- In small bowl mix together the melted coconut oil, coconut butter, the raw cacao powder and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl mix together the quinoa puffs, dried apricots and chopped cashews.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the quinoa puff mix and stir thoroughly.
- Transfer to a lined baking dish and refrigerate until set.
- Once firm, cut into slices and store in the fridge.
- Note: Don’t send this in the school lunchbox on a very hot day, it would be a little sticky.
Based on this recipe here