These are little balls of chocolate goodness and healthy fats, pop a couple into the school lunchbox or keep your own stash hidden in the fridge. There are so many ways to play around with this recipe, have some fun with it — use different nuts, add in sunflower or pumpkin seeds, try dried apricots instead of dates, you really can’t go wrong.
Cashew and Chia Bliss Balls
1 1/2 cups of cashew nuts
1 cup of shredded coconut
2/3 cup of raw cacao
1/3 cup of pitted dates
1/4 cup of chia seeds
- Cover the dates with hot boiled water and leave to soften.
- Blend the cashew nuts until you have a fine meal.
- Transfer the cashew meal to a bowl and mix in the shredded coconut, chia seeds and raw cacao.
- Process the dates for a few seconds in the blender to chop (save the soaking water) and add to the mixture, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- Using the soaking water from the dates add tablespoons at a time until you have a firm mixture that you can roll into balls.
- Roll into balls and cover in shredded or desiccated coconut. These will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks or you can easily freeze them.