If you are looking for a new way to eat your eggs in the morning try these quick and easy wild salmon patties. Full of healthy Omega-3 fats from the wild salmon and anti-inflammatory goodness from the basil, these patties make a powerfully nourishing breakfast.
The more I read about the health benefits of basil the more we are including this super herb into our diet. Consuming herbs on a daily basis is an easy and delicious way to add anti-inflammatory and disease fighting properties into your diet, don’t miss out! Here are just a few reasons to include more basil into your diet.
Basil is a powerful herb that;
- has antibacterial properties that prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
- contains good amounts of vitamin K
- is highly anti-inflammatory and works to reduce overall inflammation in the body, even helping to improve conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
Wild salmon is another superstar to add into your diet. It is high in beneficial Omega-3s and helps to;
- improve focus and memory in children
- reduce the risk of cancer
- reduce inflammation in the body
- improve bone density
- provide the body with selenium which is vital for thyroid regulation
1 x 105g can of Wild Alaskan Salmon
A handful of fresh chopped basil
Finely chopped red onion optional
Pepper and salt
- Whisk the eggs and season with pepper and salt
- Add the salmon, basil and onion, mix well
- Fry spoonfuls in coconut oil or butter over a medium to high heat
- Serve on a bed of spinach or topped with tomato and avocado